The GHFP’s publications are intended to articulate, share and disseminate our research understandings, learnings from discussions, and insights from projects. These monographs and edited collections below are some recent examples illustrating the fruits of our research, dialogue and project work. We believe that GHFP publications can create a greater platform for encounter and exchange of ideas.
Where possible, we tend to publish our work through major international publishers for wider distribution and readership, and/or through peer-reviewed journals. Our team normally disseminate symposium and event proceedings in a format of book, booklet or an edited collection of papers.
Thomson, G. & Gill, S. (2020). Happiness, Flourishing and the Good Life: A Transformative Vision of Human Well-Being, London: Routledge. Read the chapter summaries here: Thomson&Gill2020_Happiness-Flourishing&the-Good-Life_Chapter-Summaries
Gergen, K. & Gill, S. (2020). Beyond the Tyranny of Testing: Relational Evaluation in Education, New York: Oxford University Press. Read the book abstract here: Gergen&Gill2020_Beyond-the-Tyranny-of-Testing_Relational-Evaluation-in-Education_Book-Summary
Gill, S. & Thomson, G. (eds). (2020). Ethical Education: Towards an Ecology of Human Development, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Gill, S. & Thomson, G. (2019). Understanding Peace Holistically: From the Spiritual to the Political, New York: Peter Lang
- Human-Centred Education A practical handbook and guide. ISBN 978-1-1382-1083-7 (Routledge)
- Peacefulness: Being Peace and Making Peace. ISBN 978-9-935-936301 (SoH Forum)
- Why Love Matters: Values in Governance ISBN 978-1-4331-2928-5 (Peter Lang)
- Redefining Religious Education. ISBN 978-1-137-37389-2 (Palgrave Macmillan)
- Critical Narrative as Pedagogy ISBN 978-1-623-56352-3 (Bloomsbury)
- Rethinking Secondary Education ISBN 978-1-408-28478-0 (Routledge)
- Narrative Pedagogy ISBN 978-1-433-10891-4 (Peter Lang)
- The Ethics of Dialogue (Journal of Dialogue Studies 3.1)
- Education as Humanization in Peacebuilding (Journal of Comparative and International Education, Special Issue)
- Asseily: Breaking the Cycles of Violence (GHFP)
- Education for Well-Being – towards a conceptual framework
- Monitoring and promoting well-being – Principles and approaches
- Higher education and development
- Human-centred education: A case study of Colegio Amor
- Understanding school community: A case study
- Towards a Common Vision for Education
- Education as Transformation
- Exploring Selfhood ISBN 978-0-955-47851-2 (GHFP)