The Global Humanity for Peace Institute was launched on 18th November 2021 at the University of Wales Trinity St David to coincide with its annual Founders Day event.
Read an Official Press release about the event by the University of Wales.
The GHfP Institute carries forward a number of major international research programmes previously developed at the Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace and is embedded in an excellent research and teaching environment and learning community of the UWTSD. The Institute seeks to engage in cutting-edge research aimed at new understanding, innovation, policy change, and social transformation. It will offer masters and doctoral courses and professional programmes in collective healing, public health and well-being, social justice, deep dialogue, positive peace, human-centred education, and community regeneration.
The Institute focuses on the following:
- Fostering collective healing (including healing the wounds from past atrocities and the wounds of our planet), enriching community regeneration, and advancing social justice and global solidarity;
- Nurturing youth leadership, inspiring youth transformative actions and providing professional development opportunities to facilitators of collective healing and community regeneration
- Harmonising holistic human well-being with our planet’s flourishing
- Supporting the development of governance processes that are values-based, dialogue-centred, peaceful in process, and well-being sensitive
- Encouraging educational transformation and inspiring a culture of caring in educational institutions;
- Creating spaces for deep encounter, deep listening, and deep dialogue for engendering peacefulness and greater harmony amongst all that is.